With over 30 years’ knowledge and expertise in property insurance, Eastside Insurance can cover a wide range of properties including professional lets, student lets, holiday home rentals, DSS and unoccupied properties.
What is Landlord / property owners Insurance?
Landlord insurance is important for anyone who rents out their property. Depending on the tenants, the area, the type of property, there are a few combinations of insurance options which landlords should consider such as loss of rental income, property owners’ liability in case you are taken to court for any accidents that occurred in the property. Landlord insurance is not compulsory; however, we would recommend this type of cover if you have tenants.
What are the options?
There are a few options when it comes to Landlord insurance, it’s up to you to decide what it includes, although our specialist team at Eastside Insurance are able to guide and advise if needed. The more obvious type of cover:
- Contents Insurance – Cover for damages to your fixtures, fittings, furniture, carpets, etc.
- Buildings Cover – Any potential damage to the property, usually fire, theft or flooding, as well as fittings such as kitchens.
- Property Owners liability – Any accidents to tenants at the property which may be your fault and decide to take legal action.
- Rental Protection – Any damages that would mean you are unable to rent out the property
- Unoccupied property cover – To cover any period when the property is vacant, for example
Want a quote?
Eastside Insurance have over 30 years’ experience dealing with property owners. With access to a wide range of specialist insurers, we are able to offer a competitive and flexible range of insurance policies that can be unique to your business.
Get in touch today and let us do the hard work for you.