Many Home Insurance policies cover the loss or theft of personal items, including jewellery, as standard. But they have claim limits for individual items, as well as total claim limits.
Typically, a single item claims limit will be somewhere in the region of £1000 – £2000. It’s worth bearing in mind that jewellery or watches, particularly items made with gold or incorporating diamonds, could actually be significantly more valuable now than when they were originally purchased.
In addition, many home insurance policies will not include cover for when the item is away from home. So if you lost your precious engagement ring while on holiday, for example, it may not be covered.
If you fall into any of the following categories, it could be that jewellery insurance will be the most cost effective and convenient option for you:
- Own one or more items worth in excess of £2000
- Travel abroad (even if just on holiday) with your wedding ring, engagement ring, expensive timepiece or other valuable jewellery
- Own a collection of rings, watches, precious metals or gem stones.
What does it cover?
- Cover for High Value items, even if it’s a single piece of jewellery or watch
- Worldwide, all-risks cover
- Choice of settlement options in the event of a claim (repair, replace, refund)
- No restrictive conditions or warranties
- You need to provide specific items when total value is in excess of £15,000
Get in touch today…
Almost all customers have unique requirements therefore it is critical we understand all your options. Eastside Insurance have many years’ experience in this field, with access to a wide range of insurers, we can offer a competitive and flexible range of insurance policies that will be unique to you.
Get in touch today for more information